Monday, February 26, 2007

Truth, Malaria and little Malice !!!

After 5 days of ordeal facing bouts of fever and cough, feeling better today. When I for the first time wore a white pearl ring in my finger, some elderly fellow passenger had remarked that its effects include attracting opposite sex. Must be an oracle huh!!! Only female anopheleses get attracted!!! Malaria they call it for some origin lying in the doth of Kalahari Desert or whatever, dont care as much but it takes the last drop of strength out of ones body. Many a times it feels that more breaths are coming out than going in. Whatever, courtesy Dr. Pill-man (a local Gujarati doctor here who believes in giving 2 pills per symptom per dose, which accounts to 10 per dose) am back to life!


For the past few days I was wondering if the old saying-every dark cloud has a silver lining stands correct here too. After much contemplation, deliberation and reconciliation with instances came to the conclusion that it does. My being down with ailment facilitated me with an excuse to stay absent from the scheduled PCom party. Not that I would have had otherwise gone to the meet, but it provided me with an earnest excuse atleast.Lying is the last thing I resort to in my social or professional demeanor. In the last few weeks left at SIMSR, I wana do only what I feel like doing and not what I ought to do or people want me to do. Protocols have their own underlying significance and I would abide by them all through my professional life for sure, but not this time.


Many people might again ask me why I missed the party despite of having worked for PCom for 2 long years and even more so after having contributed to the pool. HmmWell, that is because, as a part of my resolve, figuratively, I no longer continue to be part of PCom in my earnest self. I had set my tenure to end after placements. If I know myself well, there would be a psychic cut off from the phenomenon too. Probably that ends the debate. I hope it does. I finally am a free man again !!!


Before signing off, an excerpt from my dad’s diary(by Dushyant Kumar);


हमने तमाम उमर अकेले सफ़र किया...

हम पर किसी खुदा की इनायत नहीं रही...

हिम्मत से सच कहो तो बुरा मानते हैं लोग...

रो-रो कर बात कहने की आदत नहीं रही...

No comments:

Post a Comment