Saturday, September 22, 2007

My wobbly tobbly weekend ! :-(

Sometimes I wonder about the insensible ingenuity of the person who conceptualized the idea of rendering to the society a fancifully magnificent mode of celebrating weekends. An endeavor par excellence (!) of keeping 2 days off without even realizing that it reduces week to actually 3-1/2 days (Tuesday to Friday afternoon) At least I come across this phenomenon every week at my workplace. It is a place where work actually snowballs but come the Friday and holiday mood takes toll over every other damn thing. As for Mondays, I know of my Monday blues atleast.Every Monday, I hate looking back at my weekend because as compared to Mumbai where I had so many things to do, here at Gurgaon,am just wasting my time over things as stupid as calling up driving schools/food-joints/multiplexes/gyms/travel-agents and what not. And even more stupid is the fact that it all boils down to no avail. I have been doing the same exercise for past 3 weeks and have come to no definite conclusion as in what I want and how will I get it.


Anyway as an individual with considerable understanding of human psyche (atleast mine) I have arrived at a conclusion that weekend offs are fundamentally inapt and should be discontinued asap. Instead there should be a concept of mid-week break. This way one can have an off on Sunday and lets say Wednesday. It in turn would entail high order of employee satisfaction and lower grievances of mounting work pressure. (What crap!)


However there are cons also because we Indians being social animals of the most typical sorts would want to have 2 offs together, but who cares.Also,although I am inhabitant of Democratic republic,my wonderfully matured opines seldom do get deserved appreciation and acceptance.So atleast for the heck of it, let me bask in the glory of my newest fancy. An idea of a better, useless, lethargic and laid back world. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the weekend, for the simple reason that, we build a tempo of working and by mid week we are at our best... to break that will be death of productivity. And yeah the 2 days off means... You are dying to get back to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.This was just a thought that crossed my mind.Sometimes one should think stuffs which are exciting as well as stupid at the same time.hahahah.

    ReplyDelete