Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A break from Routine - My Offsite

Sometimes just a slight change in routine makes one feel so rejuvenated, so refreshed that the whole psyche gets affected in a very positive manner. Nah ! I am not saying that I am experiencing it right now. Just felt like penning it down for the heck of it.Anyways, I recently got back from this Global PCM Offsite which is an annual affair of its own kind. Its’ wonderful in the sense that we get to know people from all over the country with whom we communicate via mails and phones and that is how the whole relationship is defined. Such an occasion atleast brings together all the consanguine guys Pan India and facilitates informal interaction.


So here I attended this offsite at Agra. Yes! Yes! You heard it right. It is Agra only. The city of Tajmahal with all the wonderful things to see and relish. The place where weather is so chilled out that you will instantly start feeling romantic. The whole environment so very electric that you will feel like an agile proton which has blatantly refused to surrender to the laws of nature and thus has broken out of the captivity of its nucleus and is intermingling freely with neighborhood electrons.Fine,I am getting sarcastic. So what!


Anyways.I felt
like this only before leaving for Agra but surprisingly liked the whole event. I was there for 3 days and 2 nights and trust me; I danced for 12 hrs out of this and played cricked for 5 hours. Such a wonderful shift from office routine. Suddenly got to re-invent the child in me. The only disappointment was my nil contribution towards our performance in role play. I knew I could have crafted a better script but probably never felt like taking charge of it at any point of time. Mostly because it was all out of Delhi driven effort. But no regrets. I had great fun dancing to rock music and singing old songs after sucha' long time. Also,I made people dress up in Moughal attire and myself refrained from the same.To top up it all,our journey back was totally paisa vasool.

But strangely,it reminded me of Mumbai ! Strange !

4 comments:

  1. Nothing strange in ur getting reminded of Mumbai....seems like Mumbai gonna stay in all of our hearts for all its given n taken from us..[:)]
    Though u seem to be attached to the city in some way, I would attribute a lot to my friends there too...with out whom, Mumbai wud also be as lifeless as Hyd is now..[:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.I agreeand even m not attached to the city as such.Its the people and instances.Just them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be stuck to your past in some sense.Life goes on.Get on and sail along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldnot call it being stuck to the past.It is rather being reminiscent of the good times.It gives immense amount of strength to move further.

    ReplyDelete