Thursday, May 15, 2008

Full Circles !!!

Life is the only thing worth dying for and it is also something that always comes full circle.It is a phenomenon that is like a Karmic Chakra,an individual just being one of the infinite spokes in it.He rubs onto the edges, wears in the process and decays by the end of it but ultimately completes the odyssey.That is how life has always been to me.Just that probably I have always fragmented it into smaller circles. Every circle representing a phase different from the other one in all respects. If my HBTI days were one phase, my SIMSR days were entirely incongruent.But these were the phases when I had such immense learnings that neither the journey felt like a long road to heavens nor the edges actually wore off.I simply underwent positive attrition.

Now why all this gyaan ! Because this blog marks the end of another phase in my life.The phase that started on 14thMay 2007 with me joining this bank I work for.So,here I declare that I have ultimately managed to survive in a financial corp after all the skepticism and fear. Now with that said,I also need to evaluate myself after this vital phase.Let me just give it a shot.

:-)

  • This one year indeed exposed me to the most vital constituent of any corporate, "Character"
  • I find myself been evolved into a smart worker if not a smart banker.
  • Learnt that time and resource management is the key to success and networking is the first step stone to that.Also that perseverance leads to the best outcomes.
  • The best of all, it gave me an opportunity to interact with the best guys in the industry.Immense peer learning.

:-(

  • I find myself much more irresponsible than ever in handling the tasks assigned to me. It probably is due to the dearth of motivation.Trust me,self-motivation was never an issue for me.
  • The work has made me even more finicky about the system. In any case one can simply not go on idolizing something where there is no progression as such.In my case the first 6 months were not evaluated on performance,because there wasn't any and the appraisal was as vague as a Moral Science Paper.
  • My biggest strength of getting connected to the people and earning their faith has come down drastically. It is demanding damn lot of effort now.
  • I am surprised that now I just hate competition.It is just so fierce and senseless at times.
  • My biggest asset,my concentration is lost big time.In any case you just can’t expect the same in a fish market,do you?

I believe there are damn many things that need attention now and I will have to make sure that they meet the intended end but then so much is lost that regaining will take helluva' time.But the best thing about being short of choices is that you really don't have too many options to consider:-)Life indeed has come full circle.I feel I was born on yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment