Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mumbai !!!

Come Friday and I will once again be off to THE CITY – Mumbai. It is the only place in this whole world which gave me all new connotations of every damn thing I knew about life. In many cases it just so very radically changed the interpretations. Be it life, psyche, approach, attitude or even friendship, the facets Mumbai showed to me were surprisingly different from my pre-set notions. And I don’t regret or remorse the same. It was a real wonderful experience altogether. Just that I was never sure of the chords I was striking then and I am pretty sure now that I didn’t manage to strike a perfect harmony. I just lived in Mumbai, never became a part of it. I just never allowed it to percolate within and make a dent like a stalactite. I just took it in a stride and traveled past it like a nomad. Wonder if I am the only person to have felt the same way.

Whatsoever, day after I would again be in the City of Multiple Character and again I would be strolling past same old Vada-Pao shops and Local stations and Autowallahs and sundry...It would from outside seem as if everything is still the same since the day I left Mumbai, an year and half back but lots would be different. It would bring back to me certain reminiscences which are no longer a part of my life. It would also make me realize that life is hard on those who refuse to live by it dictatorial terms. But does that really matter. Not to me any more ‘coz to me life has been a good teacher if not anything else and I have always been a novel student.Ain’t I dear…:-)

So, here I come Mumbai. Back to the Pavilion.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Man..!

    Have u shifted base to Mumbai now?
    Do lemme know..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No dear...Just had gone for 2 days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why r you anonymous in your blog?

    ReplyDelete